Sunday, October 24, 2021

Morning among the shrouded trees

Beside the quiet waters
London, ON
October 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The temperature hovered around the freezing mark as I wandered into the woods soon after sunrise this morning.

Condensation rose off the river that’s been carving this valley for more years than I can imagine, bathing the trees in a surreal mask of muted grey. I pulled my hat over my ears and carefully walked the eroded path by the burbling water.

Autumn color continues to be a no-show around here, so I found myself looking for other stories to tell in this remarkable place that lets us leave the rest of the planet behind while we’re lucky enough to be here.

If not color, then maybe texture. Or structure. Or tone. Or a mixture of all three. Or something else entirely.

The “what” didn’t matter as much as the fact that I was out there at all.

Maybe it’s a blessing, then, that the primary thing we seek isn’t always necessarily what we find when we get there.

Maybe it’s a blessing that we still have the ability to walk in the woods - real and figurative - at all.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #forest #tree #trees #green #thames #river #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: