Sunday, October 17, 2021

So I climbed the stairs, anyway

Long way down
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
October 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


As a follow up to the last photo I shared - the one with the hotel sign that guilted me into taking the stairs - I decided to take the stairs all the way to the top. At which point I very carefully leaned over the rail and peered down.

Yes, it made me a little queasy.

Scintillating, I know. But one of the secrets to this life thing is apparently relishing the little things. And playing optical geometry games in stairwells represents - to me, anyway - another one of those little things.

I wonder how many other little things there are. And I wish I had enough time to explore, and record, them all.

#saultstemarie #ontario #canada #roadtrip #travel #travelphotography #hotel #stairs #monochrome #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #instagood #photooftheday #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

Related:
Concrete stairs, January 2007
Pierced darkness, December 2006

No comments: