Saturday, October 23, 2021

Same trees, slightly different perspective

The Three Graces, in color
London, ON
October 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


So this is weird, a slightly different composition of the previous scene.

It's what I do. Look at the same thing from a different perspective. Try to squeeze out more than one perspective of a given scene. Probably a remnant of my childhood when I'd squint my eyes just so, as it was the only way I knew to change the image out the hospital window.

I guess we adopt strange behaviors when confronted with realities that are difficult to understand. And I guess that applies in adulthood as much as it applies in childhood.

[Pause as Carmi looks back at what he's written. Stupid pictures of trees triggering metaphysical recollections from decades ago. Don't mind while I laugh at myself for a bit.]

There, I'm good. Let's get back to the trees. And the bulrushes in the foreground. And the fact that we're surrounded by wonders like this, and gifted with the ability to get out there and take them all in.

In monochrome. In color.

Inside a hospital looking out, or outside in the middle of a giant meadow.

Wherever we happen to be, and however we choose to squint our eyes.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #forest #tree #trees #thames #river #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #monochrome #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: