Tuesday, May 14, 2024

School of frozen fish

Pick me, pick me!
London, ON
May 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Exactly one year ago today, I leaned over a freezer in the fish section of our local Costco and took a rather strange photograph.

If I remember correctly, the place was packed with people. Most of them were idly shuffling through the grey concrete warehouse, barely aware of what was going on sound them. Almost no one was smiling.

In a moment of ridiculously trivial inspiration, I convinced myself that taking a stupid picture would bring joy to a joyless place. And before I could talk myself out of it, a spontaneous still-life photo session was happening.

It’s what I do. It isn’t reasonable, logical, or even sane. But we’ve all been in situations that felt, if not hopeless, then at least devoid of colour. And if a photo can bring happiness to a moment that is anything but, I’m hardly going to stand in the way.

The fish may have a different opinion, mind you.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #costco #grocery #store #retail #random #frozen #fish #ice #stilllife #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photography

No comments: