Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Interviewed - ROB Television

I had one of those days at work when nothing goes as planned - which only made it that much more fascinating.

I got to chat about iPods, XBox 360s and Google Finance on live television. Report on Business Television's Pat Bolland interviewed me for his show, The Trading Desk.

We spoke about Apple's upcoming new iPods, Microsoft's strategy to beat off Sony's PS3 and Google's latest beta release. It was the kind of fast-moving interview that I used to love to do when I worked in radio. Now I get to sit on the other side of the microphone. It should be criminal to enjoy work this much.

Anyway, here's the link to the page. I wasn't able to find a direct link to the actual video clip, so you'll need to scroll down to the following block first before clicking the Play button:
3:33 PM ET
The Trading Desk with Pat Bolland
Tech, Tech, Tech
Carmi Levy, senior research analyst, Info-Tech Research Group
Duration: 6 m 38 s

As if to underscore the happily bizarre nature of my life these days, I went back to the office and did a live interview for 580 CFRA Radio in Ottawa. Some days, I have way too much fun when I go to work. Onward...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carmi, you are so cool! I watched the clip, and I thought what you had to say about Apple was especially interesting. My husband is a major Mac lover and always wants the "latest and greatest" thing Jobs introduces. I am amazed/frustrated at the rate in which the iPods, in particular, become obsolete.

Star said...

That was really neat to watch you. You are such a good interview, no wonder people seek you out. Must be wonderful to love your job.

Janet said...

You are like, the most famous person I know and you're nice. How cool is that?:)

Anonymous said...

That was great. You almost had me believing you! I'm just kidding, I was believing you. You certainly seem to know your stuff. And now I'll just wait for the latest market trends to happen where I can say to myself, "Carmi said that, long time ago".