Thursday, March 09, 2006

Margarine sculpture


I've never taken to margarine. It's one of those artificial consumer-foods whose taste and texture constantly remind us that we live in a pre-fab, unnatural era where everything is manufactured and processed, and very little is simply grown and picked.

Who would have thought that I'd grow up to be a granola-crunching, tree-hugging zealot. But there you have it.

Still, I thought its untarnished state was worth a picture. It's been a couple of months since I took this, and I'm still wondering what that thing in the middle reminds me of. I think I'm perhaps afraid to find out.

Your turn: So what does that protrusion in the middle look like?

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's what I was going to say...

Ms Mac said...

The loch ness monster!

kenju said...

I don't think you really want to know, Carmi...lol

ƒåυνέ said...

I see what the previous posters mean about the seed pods...but I gotta say "embryo" was my first reaction.
But my clock has been ticking on occassion lately so it's hard to get an honest reaction...

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

Not nice thoughts here. My first, second and third thoughts were nasty childbirth related thoughts. Finally, thought number four was "What a nice colour! I could paint the walls that colour!"

Deadman said...

Looks like a dove on a cloud to me. The rest of you need professional help! LOL

Anonymous said...

I find the photo strangely sexual. Not margarine in general, mind you, just how it appears in this photo.

Jennifer said...

looks like a cocoon or is it coccoon? neither look right but that is what the pix looks like!

Jennifer said...

I think, perhaps, an umbilical cord...