Please suggest a caption for this photo [See below for details]
Laval, Quebec, August 2007 [Click to enlarge]
I'll hold off on saying what this is and why I took it. The photo is abstract enough that I think you'll use plenty of creativity to come up with neat sayings/captions/titles for it.
I'll share background details on it after I announce the winner next Sunday.
Your turn: Caption this image. Do so more than once. Call your mother-in-law and ask her to do the same. Want to know how this crazy Caption This thing works? Click here.
About last week's image of a forlorn piece of driftwood: I loved this photo from the moment I first captured it on the beach in Grand Bend. It was our last visit of the season, the day before the kids went back to school, and I was feeling somewhat morose as I took it. I'm not good with endings, you see.
Thankfully, you all came through with wonderfully diverse suggestions. The brilliantly artistic Shane tapped into an icon of 1970s television with this caption:
This week on Mutual of Omaha's South Beach Kingdom. Marlin Perkins carefully sneaks up on the rare and dreaded driftwood crocodile, who has craftily submerged himself in hopes of obtaining a low-carb meal.(Disclosure: I was always a huge Wild Kingdom fan!)
And because I suck at picking just one, honorable mentions go to these gems:
- Morah Mommy (yes, she's my lovely wife): Creature from the black lagoon emerges from the deep, dark sea!
- Deni: Lift the anchor and feel the wind
- Jeremiah: A centurian of the past comes to protect his beach....
- Marisa: I wish I wood knot get drifted from beech to beech
- Bread Box: Driftwood, basking
- Colleen: Stick in the mud
- Linda: Nessy's been spotted