At leaf's end
London, ON, October 2008
As you approach this week's Thematic Photographic theme, autumn, I'm hoping you'll cast off our traditional assumptions of what that really means. By all means, I hope you'll share views of colorful leaves, increasingly bare trees and solemn, gray days. But there's more to autumn than leaves and colors. In so many respects, it represents closings, endings and goodbyes. Can you share photos like these as well?
I know you can.
Your turn: Thematic Photographic is our spin on a weekly photo challenge. No money changes hands, and there's no wagering (at least not that I know of), but it's a fun way to stretch your photographic experience and share it with others. Here's how it works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...autumn.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. You have all made this a highlight of my bloggy week.