Laval, QC, December 2006
[Click to embiggen - you know you want to]
There's something delightfully sinful about a fresh danish from the local bakery. Thoughts of balanced diets and lean, healthy eating magically evaporate whenever one is in the room. The Dirty Bakery, so-called because it was, um, less than spotless at one point in its history, still stands at the corner of Samson and 2nd Ave. in my old hometown of Chomedey, and remains a mandatory stop when we're headed home from a visit with the parents/grandparents/in-laws. I grew up on stuff like this, and it's a wonder I'm not as wide as I am tall.
I've chosen this picture to kick off this week's Thematic Photographic theme, sweet, not because it's sickeningly sweet in and of itself - rest assured, it is - but because when I took it, the people who mattered the most to me were in the room, and they were happy and healthy. Amazing what a little piece of sugar-rich pastry can evoke.
Your turn: It's time to get thematic! Please share a sweet-themed picture on your own blog, then return here and paste the link in a comment so everyone else can see your handiwork. If you're new to TP, here's how it works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...sweet.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.