Thursday, July 01, 2010

Thematic Photographic 104 - Dotty


The 5-second rule no longer applies
London, ON, June 2010


I've chosen "dotty" as this week's Thematic Photographic theme because we seem to be surrounded by the little buggers. Everywhere we look, there are dots of varying sizes, colors and consistencies. The irony of the online age is that every electronic screen known to humankind uses arrays of dots - pixels - to display images and text. We just need to look a little more closely to see 'em.

So for the next week, I'm hoping you'll point your lenses toward anything remotely dot-like. The point (sorry, couldn't help it) of it all is to enjoy the photographic vibe and spread some creativity far and wide.

Your turn: Take a dot-themed photo - or pull one from your archives - and post it to your blog. Paste the link in a comment here, then feel free to visit other participants. Dotty goodness shall ensue, as will karma and early-summer photographic happiness. Please click here for more background on how Thematic Photographic, our weekly photo theme nuttiness, works.

FWIW, I didn't eat the yellow M&M. It sacrificed itself for photographic posterity.

13 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

Clever! Come visit when you have a few minutes: Levonne's Pretty Pics and A Camp Host Housewife's Meanderings.

fredamans said...

I took the dot in the sky and posted.

http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/07/thematic-photographic-dot.html

Pamela said...

I don't let any M&M get away - yum.

In the meantime I've joined the "dotty" photo meme.

I'm here:

http://thedustwillwait.blogspot.com/2010/07/dotty.html

Jennifer said...

I decided I'd play :)
http://happymomsphotos.blogspot.com/2010/07/dotty.html

Gilly said...

My dots are here though I did manage to get you Carmi in my reference but not the Thematic Challenge page. I'm going wrong somewhere with my links!

awareness said...

Great photo Carmi! I love the colour contrast....bright yellow will always be a happy colour.

I've missed taking part in the thematic photography and will jump on board this Wednesday. I've also missed reading everyone's blogs. My head is above water and life has slowed down a bit. Can't wait to catch up!!!

cheers.

srp said...

Late as usual... but I finally found my "dotty, spotty" for the week.

Light and Voices said...

The theme this week is clever and weird. I'd like to play. Here is my white spots post: http://lightandvoices.blogspot.com/2010/07/thematic-photographic-104-dotty.html
Joyce M

Tony Gasbarro said...

Better late than dead, I always say....

See my dots here.

Glennis said...

I have one more "dotty" for you - before we find the new theme - tomorrow morning.

http://doves2day.blogspot.com

Come visit for tonight's post if you like, but the dots come tomorrow morning.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

skidding in under the wire.....here

Unknown said...

I love this picture. So creative and fun! Lovely!

Bob Scotney said...

You did well to photograph that M&M in 4 seconds.