Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thematic Photographic 107 - Closeup


One scoop
Toronto, ON, June 2010

You see things differently when you position yourself closer than you otherwise would. While doing so may make you look a little funny - composing this shot in the middle of a busy brunch gave more than a few guests pause - it also lets you turn the ordinary into something a little less ordinary. In the overall scheme of things, the picture always wins.

I really need to spend more time sticking my lens within touching distance of stuff. Maybe this next week with give me ample opportunity to do just that. Maybe it'll give you a similar chance as well.

Your turn: Take a closeup picture - or two, or three, or... - of anything you want. The weirder the better. Post it to your blog or website, then leave a link in a comment here. For further fun and inspiration, visit other participants. Here's some background on how Thematic Photographic, our silly little weekly photo thing, works.

14 comments:

srp said...

I promise it looks like a huge spoon taking a big scoop of clouds out of the sky... love it!!!

Cloudia said...

or a tiny spoon scooping contraband...




Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

whatever it is dont sneeze!

jelly fish

CorvusCorax12 said...

mine is here

Glennis said...

Closeup - I try so hard and seldom find something special, but I think I like my first Closeup photo!

http://doves2day.blogspot.com

MorahMommy said...

At first I thought it was a picture of clouds and then I noticed the spoon!

Now I want ice cream!

xoxo

MorahMommy said...

I just looked at it again... That's not ice cream, but still equally sweet!

yum!
xoxo

fredamans said...

Looks like yummy ice cream to me!!!

Here is my close up; http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/07/thematic-photographic-close-up.html

Robin said...

Mine's pretty disgusting; the URL pretty much sums it up... :)

http://www.pensieve.me/2010/07/rotten-tomatoes.html

Gilly said...

Love doing close up! Mine is here

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

Mine
This is one of my all time favourite shots. I hope you like it too.

(the blog page is an old one)

Catherine said...

I finally got my close ups posted - I was up close and personal with some rather attractive birds at the weekend.

Tracie Nall said...

I don't think that is ice cream (although just thinking about ice cream makes me want some) but I'm not sure what it is. It looks fluffy and fun!

I have an unidentified fuzzy visitor
http://whereiwastoday.blogspot.com/2010/07/unidentified-fuzzy-visitor.html

Glennis said...

I have another close-up

http://doves2day.blogspot.com