Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Talking head, small screen

Thought I'd post a quick rundown of some of the more notable recent media hits I've had. You never know where I'll pop up...

I was on television last Thursday, talking about Research In Motion's battle with the Indian government over allowing the feds there to monitor BlackBerry messaging traffic. Outside of the tech space, it's not one of those big headline-type stories, but it could have significant implications for mobile data use everywhere else depending on which way it goes. I spoke with BNN's Linda Sims on her morning program, The Street, and you can see the video by clicking here.

A couple of weeks earlier, I had spoken with the National Post's David George-Cosh on this issue. The resulting article, RIM to resolve BlackBerry security issue in India within 1 month: reports, published May 16th.

Marc Saltzman quoted me in his piece, Gaming goes HD: What high-def brings to the table for players. It originally published May 15th, and was re-posted May 21st here.

Judy Mottl of Internetnews.com interviewed me for a number of pieces, including:
I've also been on AM640 Toronto Radio with John Downs somewhat regularly of late. If you're around Fridays at 8:40 p.m. ET, click here to listen to the live feed. You may hear a familiar voice. Here's the show lineup from this past Friday's show. Note the last line:
  • And of course, it's friday evening, so we'll hear from our resident technical ninja, Carmi Levy.
Your turn: Could this stuff possibly be any cooler?

One more thing: I'm still shamelessly flogging this week's Caption This contest. Click here to start the fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are a celeb carmi... and rightfully so...

i watched you on BNN.... my husband was in the bathroom shaving... he had the fan on making it hard to hear anything i might say.... so i yell... 'Robert, Carmi is on BNN' and of course his answer was 'WHAT!' and so i yelled a few more times and when he finally came out..... you were gone!

no matter... i filled him in on your report....