Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dahlia's reading corner

Time alone
London, ON
August 2013
Photo by Dahlia Levy
Welcome to the little red table on our back deck. Dahlia has taken quite a shine to this place, and can frequently be found back there with a book.

She's so much like my wife in so many ways that I can't help but smile when I see her curled up in one of the Muskoka chairs, face buried in the pages. At the tender age of 15, she's already learned how to carve out quiet time for herself, a brief time-out from her usually packed schedule.

From the looks of this shot - from her iPhone - she's also got her mom's sense of composition and style. I've spent some lens time out here recently (link), but I think it's fair to say she's more than capable of telling her own story with a camera. Which is exactly as it should be.

I don't know what I did to deserve these ladies in my life (and our sons, and our psychotic dog, comfy home in a remarkable community...) but I'm pretty thankful they're mine.

I'm rather sure she liked the book, too. Smart kid.

(For more Thematic "I didn't shoot this," click here.)

3 comments:

Alexia said...

Good book!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

My oldest read this book, and when she saw it on my list (@Amazon) she was surprised I wanted to read something so heavy...Yes, your daughter is one smart, out-of-the-box girl... its an emotional book. fyi they're in pre-production mode for a movie next year.. The lead is being played by the daughter from The Descendants...

21 Wits said...

A great book! I like how you tied in your leading theme photo with this! Now we see more of that famous red table, that really and truly is a red table!!!