Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Where the streets have two names

At the corner of Regent and Colborne
Old North, London, ON
July 2013
Please click here for more downward Thematic
I'm pretty sure this particular square of concrete was stamped long after 1934. But given its location - in the middle of a leafy, stately neighborhood known as Old North - it was more than a little comforting that whoever rebuilt this intersection a few short years ago took the time to include a little bit of heritage, as well. It's something that all too often goes missing in our modern life, and it stopped me in my tracks as I strolled on past.

Since I took this picture, I've been paying extra attention to the sidewalks, wherever I may be, because you never know when a message from the past will show itself.

Your turn: do you ever come across glimpses of the past similar to this?

2 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

That is awesome! History just sitting there... I'm sure most folks just step on it and don't give it a second thought.

Somewhere round about said...


if i'm not walking along with my head facing the rooftops, it's this.
Tis a wonder folk don't either walk into me or fall over me
:)