Thursday, August 22, 2013

On sucking it up

"Another year is fast approaching. Go be that starving artist you're afraid to be. Open up that journal and get poetic finally. Volunteer. Suck it up and travel. You were not born here to work and pay taxes. You were put here to be part of a vast organism to explore and create. Stop putting it off. The world has much more to offer than what's on 15 televisions at TGI Fridays. Take pictures. Scare people. Shake up the scene. Be the change you want to see in the world."
Jason Mraz

I've never been a huge fan of his music, but I've got to say his words, right here and right now, are singing to me.

Off I go to take some pics and scare the bejeebers out of people. Because life wasn't meant to fritter away in a TGI Fridays.

3 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Seems he likes Gandhi's quote as well.. Unlike u, I liked his music, my kids rolled their eyes so, they may be in your corner...The sentiment I agree w/ tho I think "sucking it up" is a bit harsh... :-)
btw did u know he had a blog here? and he was pretty into it until one day he just deleted it w/out any forewarning....

Unknown said...

Hey Carmi: His quote reminds me of Steve Jobs. 'm finishing the Walter Isaacson book, and just saw Ashton Kutcher in the new movie. Sounds good!

Bobby said...

I frittered Friday, but the fritters would a little tastey.