Sunday, October 21, 2007

Caption This 41


Please come up with a snappy caption for this photo
[Click here for Caption This instructions]

London, ON, October 2007 [Click to embiggen]


This picture reminds me that I need to get out of the car and walk around different neighborhoods more often than I already do. There's always something wickedly abstract to capture my attention.

Your turn: Please share your caption suggestion in the Comments section. I'll post the winner next week.

About last week's image: The photo of our son's bright orange cast was a pretty popular one. I'm glad you all shielded your eyes and jumped right in. For the record, he's now sporting a camouflage-pattern cast, and will be so-immobilized for at least another month. The good news is he's been given the go-ahead to begin putting a bit of weight on the leg. So hopefully that little light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to grow just a bit.

Flleenie made me laugh with this one: "My God, look at the size of that carrot!" She also submitted a phallic-themed suggestion that also floored me - which reinforces the need to submit often, even if you think it isn't funny. Chances are, it is.

Honorable mentions go out to these intrepid captioners:
  • Shephard: When Jamba the elephant sprained his trunk, the doctors wrapped it in cheery orange bandages, thus improving his mood and speed his recovery.
  • Craziequeen: Pristine - the Orange One waits for ink and love
  • Jean-Luc Picard: The Invisible Man decides to go for some colour with his bandages.
  • Scrappintwinmom: Orange you glad you're getting the cast off soon?
  • Lara: That's a wrap!
And to the trio of "orange you glad" themed submissions:
  • Miss Meliss: Orange you glad I didn't say banana?
  • Ravvy: Orange you glad its soon to star in CastAway
  • Joel Reynolds: Orange you glad it's not a body cast?
Thanks, y'all, for participating. Hope you have fun with this week's caption!

22 comments:

Catherine said...

I can never seem to come up with a clever caption, but I love the sepia look of the photo. And it seems to me that you posterized it a little, looking at the creases on the trousers. It reminds me of old magazine ads.
Michele sent me your way today.

Ginny said...

I don't recall how I found your blog but I bookmarked you. Your photos are beautiful. I love photography too and take my cheap little camera with me everywhere. I hate seeing a great shot and not having a camera around, so I just got into the habit of taking it with me.

"Ladder on Stone" is what I would call the picture. Simple and to the point.

craziequeen said...

woohoo!! I got a honourable mention!! [claps hands]

There's always a first time....

If I were titling this as a painting, I would call it

'Painted Legs'

I love these kinds of murals. and this one looks really good in sepia.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

George realised that the stepladder was too short to clean to two storey house.

Michele sent me here. 500th post now up!

Smiler said...

Carmi, just a hit and run for now, but the meme I tagged you with is to list your five strengths a writer (I decided to tag YOU because you made such a nice comment about my writing). Voià! À plus tard!
(came here all by myself, courtesy of me)
:-)

Anonymous said...

Trompe L'oeil: Trompe Ladder.

Anne said...

"Look Ma! no legs!"

BreadBox said...

"Who knows what evil lurks in the rungs of ladders? The Shadow knows...."

N.

JC said...

Conquering acrophobia one step at a time.

Anne said...

"Look Ma! no hands!"

kenju said...

Ooh, I vote for Breadbox's caption! Michele sent me tonight, Carmi. I was here earlier and I coldn't think of a thing, but Breadbox did!

Bernie said...

I am surprised that no-one has mentioned the famouse Led Zeppelin hit..

And she's climbing a stairway to... the Window...

Sorry to the Zep for the slight change in wording...

Here from Michele's this lovely (hot) morning in Sydney, where it is tipped to hit 35c today!!!!

Unknown said...

"I'm standing here with pants that you told me would be hemmed last year and now you want a Domino's pizza?"

Nestor Family said...

Really in "touch" with the wet paint.

Neato picture, Carmi!

barbie2be said...

stairway to heaven....

michele sent me this evening.

Sara said...

go go gaget legs

Sara said...

ladders afloat

John said...

"This painting is driving me up a wall!"

John said...

In keeping with the 'heaven' theme, could this be...

A ladder Day saint?

John said...

The corporate ladder.

Smiler said...

That reminds me, did you remember to wash the windows?
or:
I feel kinda flat today, you?

Snaggle Tooth said...

"I'm calling to report a really tall man outside the window!"