Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Red light district


Mirrors and lights
London, ON, October 2007


Cars are all about fashion, it seems. Manufacturers knock themselves out trying to make their vehicles look as new as tomorrow. These days, they seem to be focusing their efforts on lights, turning them into flashy jewel-like accessories that can make an otherwise plain design look a little less so.

If a bit of bling works for people, why not cars, right?

Your turn: Ever looked closely at a light fixture, vehicular or otherwise? What did you see?

One more thing: I'm still exploring my monochrome view of the world, and have many more images from this series to share. But Blogger's having a little photo-uploading hissy fit tonight, so I'm posting this entry directly from drafts. We'll be back to pure b&w and sepia photography just as soon as the geek gremlins are banished.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Very cool.

CG said...

I sometimes see faces in car fronts. Sometimes they smile, others frown :)

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Very cool, Carmi. Yes, I've definitely noticed automotive lights and the magic of them ;)

David Edward said...

i would appreciate your critique of my sunset pics. i have cars that no one wants, then I don't have to lock them or insure against theft, hehe

Heather said...

I started paying attention to light fixtures on cars in July when I started seriously looking for a new vehicle. The photo is way cool.

Diane Mandy said...

I've never paid attention, but your photo is wonderful as always. I do have thing for license plates--especially in other countries. Don't know why, just think they are cool.

Anonymous said...

Oh, fantastic shot, Carmi.

I'm not a fan of the new LED lights. Something about them bothers my eyes.

I see faces in cars just as others do, some friendly, some rather ominous.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Reminds me of a fly's eye view.

I usually only look when replacing bulbs, see tons of dust n dead buggies to remove... my little truck's getting old.