Sunday, October 28, 2007

Caption This 42


Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]

Toronto, ON, June 2007


Sometimes when I'm out and about, I see things that make me go "huh?" or "whaaaaa?" My extreme fear of compressed, explosive gas compelled me to reach for my camera when this idiot passed me on the 401. Not to worry, I wasn't in the driver's seat at the time.

Your turn: Please think of a snappy caption for this photo and post it in a comment. Enter as often as you like! Winner will be announced next week.

About last week's photo - legs and ladder: I took this picture on the eastern edge of London's downtown, a stretch that's seen its better days. Your responses made me smile. The trophy goes to John for his neat play on words, a ladder day saint. Incidentally, John entered a bunch of times. End shameless plug.

Honorable mentions go to the following folks:
  • Craziequeen: Painted legs
  • Jean-Luc Picard: George realised that the stepladder was too short to clean a two storey house
  • Breadbox: Who knows what evil lurks in the rungs of ladders? The Shadow knows....
  • Bernie: And she's climbing a stairway to... the window...
  • Smiler: I feel kinda flat today, you?
  • Snaggle Tooth: I'm calling to report a really tall man outside the window
Good luck with this one. Can't wait to see what y'all come up with. Have fun!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

This cutting edge hybrid model takes fuel efficiency to a whole new level!

tommie said...

have propane.....need grill

kenju said...

Captions aren't my forte, but that guy is nuts, isn't he? That seems like a recipe for disaster.

Smiler said...

Drive-by explosives

John said...

I can picture it being driven by Steve Martin in "The Jerk" and he's saying, "...that's all I need is this van...and maybe this spare tire...but that's all I need. Except maybe this propane tank, but that's all I need...and maybe this funky white top..."

Smiler said...

"Honey, where did you put that tank of gas?"

Anne said...

Got gas?

Unknown said...

Alberta Bound!

Anonymous said...

If you can see the writing on this propane bottle...chances are you're about to explode.

And adding, good grief are people nuts?!

awareness said...

"pop pop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is......"

It was the first thing that jumped into my wee noggin and there it remained until I could get rid of it here on your blog. :)

will now think of something else......

Sara said...

On the road again

Sara said...

totally missed your point of the tank on my first guess, so here's my second go at it . . .

"propane propelled"

Snaggle Tooth said...

"The two-inch label on the can reads: Please keep 200 feet distance"

Sara said...

Giving a whole new meaning to Bombardier

Sara said...

"Have Bomb, Will Travel"

Sara said...

"Quebec or bust . . . or bomb"

Sara said...

"bombing down the highway"

P.S. the above have all been a collaboration with me co-workers, can you tell it's Friday?!?!?!

John said...

"Ahhh, traveling the open road! Isn't it a gas?"

Anonymous said...

That guy may be smarter than we think ... if the can is empty, this may be the best protection against tailgating ;)