Monday, June 04, 2012

Wave the flag

Stars, stripes, inspiration
Ocala, FL
December 2009






















Since the world can be an ugly place on occasion, I'm going to start my own one-person campaign to de-uglify it: Every once in a while - whenever whimsy strikes me, I guess - I'm going to pull a picture that moves me out of my archives, and I'll share it here. Just like that.

I'll start with the American flag. Because unless you're an effigy-burning terrorist in some part of the world that celebrates death more than life, this is a symbol of striving for a better life. And it always makes me feel a little bit better when I see it.

Your turn: So, are you going to join my yet-to-snowball de-uglification campaign?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The balance and symmetry of this shot, the sway of the stars and stripes, the brilliant colors and the crisp angles... this one definitely sings.

Beautiful, Carmi.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Very nice, Carmi.

Just Two Chicks said...

I'll join, but I thought you were already taking part of the de-uglification, with your weekly photography themes! I love going to everyone's posts, looking at their beautiful pictures, and seeing how they see the world. That's a wonderful thing!!
I won't have time to post anything right now... have to get kids from here to there... later though!