Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Do the wave

Light bright
Shanghai, China
May 2012














Here's another shot from my somewhat misguided attempt to paint with light from the window of a moving bus. Click here for the backstory. (Or click here to share your own abstract-themed Thematic.)

The more I look at this series, the more I like it. Photography isn't always about capturing the obvious. Sometimes it's about capturing things that wouldn't otherwise be seen by the naked eye. Nothing obvious about that, which is as it should be.

Your turn: Does this picture remind you of something?

One more thing: I'm speaking about social media at the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police annual general meeting today. If you've followed the Occupy protests to any degree, or watched London's Fleming Drive neighborhood become ground zero for a student-fuelled riot, you may have noticed how instrumental SM has become for folks on both sides of the law. It's an honour to be asked to speak to this incredible group. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

It sort of reminds me of the fireworks pics, Carmi.
~

Shane Black said...

Did you crack any jokes for the Chief's, Carmi?? :)

Kavi said...

Awesome image !

I trust the speech is going well. Is there some place you are uploading more about the content of the speech ? Would love to learn more ...