Saturday, June 30, 2012

Golf. Not the Volkswagen.

Fore!
London, ON
May 2012



















It's been such a crazy workweek (here and here) that you'd be forgiven for thinking I'd forgotten about Thematic. Well, perish the thought! It's been at the back of my mind all along: I just haven't had a spare minute to actually do anything about it.

Thankfully, I've got the best readers on the planet who have all stepped up with contributions of their own. The theme is "welcome summer", and whoever you are, you're also invited to toss your own vision of the season into the mix. Just go here.

Your turn: I'm not much a golfer - I worry too much about inadvertently injuring those around me when I play - but I do appreciate the peace and quiet of a round with friends, as well as the aesthetics of the game itself. I rather liked this one as soon as I took it. Do you golf? Why/why not?

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Carmi, you get to see all sorts of nature when you play golf you might not see otherwise. (Particularly if you're able to play on a week day.)

It's great!
~

Kavi said...

I dont Golf ! I see it as an elite sport. And oh, may I add, not too much of a 'physical' sport either.

I have numerous friends who swear by it and I am sure it holds a ton of value ! its just that I cant connect to it ! :)

Neat picture though !

Bob Scotney said...

I need the 'arrow' pointing the other way when I'm putting. There's a lot of wild life on our course - and that's just the golfers!