Thursday, June 21, 2012

The eyes have it

I rented a car a few weeks ago for a quick day trip to the Big Nation to the South. Along the way, I had to stop - Mazdas consume gasoline, apparently...who knew? - and as I walked back to the zoom zoom mobile, I noticed the otherwise weird-looking vehicle's lights. They looked a little buggy, like the oversized peepers tacked not-so-artfully on the head of an average Saturday morning cartoon character.

All I had was my BlackBerry, so I had to make do with what I had. What I ended up with was an abstract perspective of a car that passed into and out of my life in less than 24 hours. The lesson of the day, then, was a simple one: Grab memories of stuff, even if it isn't significant stuff. Because even the trivial is worth a quick signpost or two.

Your turn: Do you take the time to remember the trivial? Do tell.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I write stuff down in notebooks. Then I fill them up and they are stored or lost.

Still, at least I wrote it down! And then there's the camera...
~

CorvusCorax12 said...

bought a zoom zoom mobile last week :), as for the trivial, that depends if it left an impression.