I have, um, issues with this dual-solution approach, and I wrote about it in an article for the Toronto Star:
Microsoft Surface opens two fronts in Apple tablet war
(Neat sidebar: The article has been trending as a top story in Google News for much of the day. What fun!)
I did a bunch of interviews in support of this story, and others, including:
- Newstalk 1010 radio in Toronto: Spoke with Matt Gurney last night, and again with John Moore this morning. In between, I chatted with Friendly Fire's John Downs and Ryan Doyle about a guy who peed on his passport and flushed it down the toilet. I lead a bizarre existence.
- CBC Ontario Morning: Chatted with Wei Chen.
- CTV Regina: Spoke with Jonathan Glasgow and Molly Thomas on the station's morning show.
- CTV News Channel: Spoke with Jacqueline Milczarek and Dan Matheson - well, until Skype decided to flame out in the middle of the interview. Technology failing the tech journalist: I love the irony. Here's a link to an interview last week - in-studio, no tech-flameout - where we explored the growing war between Apple and Google over mapping software in iPhones and iPads.
- AM980 London: Chatted with Jeff McArthur.
- 1290 CJBK London: Spoke live with Mike Stubbs.
- CJAD 800 Montreal: Chatted with Margoe Edwards about the never-ending tit-for-tat wars between cybercriminals and law enforcement. If you missed my most recent Friday tech segment on the Ric and Suzanne show (Dan Delmar was sitting in), here's the link.
Happy sigh...I love this stuff.