Thursday, July 19, 2012

A marmelade moment

The day starts brightly
London, ON
April 2012
Please click here to share your own orange vision





























Ever notice how the breakfast table offers up some of the most vibrant colors of the day? I'm not even sure the colors themselves are the reason for this: Perhaps it's the light, that low-angled, soft-hued early-morning light that barely manages to make it past the shutters. Maybe it's the fact that we've been sleeping all night (well, some of us, anyway) and our eyes are still adjusting to the reality of a brightly lit day. Maybe nothing's different at all, and we simply notice these things more acutely because the rest of the house is so blessedly quiet.

I don't have all the answers. In fact, I have none. But I do know when my head's spinning and I need clarity, I like to reach for my camera for a little optical therapy. Somehow, setting up for a shot like this, while the dog silently waits for me to finish up so we can head outside, is good for the soul. Somehow, I suspect having - and taking - pictures like this one has become an important touchstone for me as I navigate from one part of the day to another.

Does that sound right?

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I know that toast and coffee are a great way to wake up, Carmi.
~

Max Sartin said...

Coffee. Need that before I can wake up.
Your picture makes me want to go out and get some bread to make toast. Used to love orange marmalade, haven't had it in a while.