Friday, July 06, 2012

What happens when you write the CEO?

I wrote an article for the Toronto Star - Dear Thorsten Heins, please throw the faithful a bone, yours truly, Carmi Levy - that created a bit of a storm on Twitter and in email after if went live yesterday.

It's been fascinating to see the response. The vast majority of readers were supportive, while a few were, um, more than a little nasty. But that's the amazing thing about what I do: Whether or not people agree or disagree with me is virtually beside the point. What matters is that they read the article, were moved in some way by it, and responded in some way to it.

In some parts of the world, people don't have the right or the technical ability to engage in any of this. In some cases, they die to have it. So it's no big deal to grow a slightly thicker layer of skin so I can wade into the gloriously rich media world that surrounds us.

I hope you'll give it a read, then join in the discussion.

1 comment:

Just Two Chicks said...

Isn't it amazing?!?!?! I love it... but it is hard for me to grow a thick skin at times. I get so frustrated with what I consider ignorance... especially if I am commenting on a news article, as far as stating a known fact, only to have someone come back with something that isn't even debate worthy. Make sense?

It is nice to realize you've reached people though!