Sunday, July 15, 2012

The plane that ate Pennsylvania

At altitude
Somewhere near Pittsburgh
January 2011

















About this photo: It's Thematic's transportation week, and there's still time for you to share your own photo. How? Here.
I often wonder what we did in the pre-historic era when we flew without moving maps, in-flight Internet and all the other touchstones of a connected planet. I'm guessing we read books, looked out the window or, horrors, spoke to each other.

I'm as much a fan of the moving map as anyone else, but I've got to admit the graphics on some of them are a little funny-looking. Is the 737-700 really this large? I swear at one point it looked like it could darken most of the eastern seaboard with its shadow.

I know, I'm being silly. But keep in mind this was the flight when I had to deal with this idiot. So I hope you'll forgive me for indulging a little in the seatback technology.

Your turn: How do you pass the time when you fly?

3 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Great. Now you've got me humming "The Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati."

Kalei's Best Friend said...

You mean the plane is NOT that size?? and here I thought the tracking route of the plane was the smoke coming out the end of the plane! (lol)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

If it had to make an emergency landing, it'd have to be in the Atlantic.
~