Friday, July 27, 2012

When the red light goes on...

...I end up talking about geeky things. It happened again this week, and I thought I'd share a few notable links with ya:

CBC's The Lang & O'Leary Exchange. I spoke with Kevin O'Leary and Dianne Buckner about Facebook's underwhelming earnings report. Investors freaked, and I tried to explain what it all meant. Video here. My bit starts about 5 minutes in. I also spoke with CBC Radio's Meegan Read for her national report package. Interestingly, the web team pulled a quote from the interview and included it in this story. It was deliciously provocative (check the graphic, too...right in the sub-head!):
"Growth is still at the low end of acceptable," independent technology analyst Carmi Levy told CBC News. "We still don't know whether or not this is a one-trick pony, or if Facebook really has a plan to drive consistent growth quarter after quarter."
CTV News Channel. I chatted with host Todd Van Der Heyden and fellow panel member Elias Makos on the weekly Talk Talk segment. We spoke about, among other things, Apple missing profit estimates and getting beaten up as a result. Video here.

CTV Regina. I talked about an innovative Internet broadcaster called Aereo with CTV Morning Live co-host Jonathan Glasgow. I haven't been able to find the video, but here's a recent one I did with them on RIM laying off 5,000 employees. Video here.

CTV London. When a huge storm lit up the night, social media channels cracked to life. I chatted with Celine Moreau for her report. Video here.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I don't think I would buy Facebook stock.

But maybe it is because I'm not young and enthusiastic about it?