Friday, July 13, 2012

RIM meets. I talk. A lot.

It's been an eventful week in my little media world. I headed down to Waterloo - about an hour east of London - for Research In Motion's annual general meeting on Tuesday. What resulted was quite a storm of activity that continued through much of the rest of the week.

For starters, I published two articles:
Then I spoke to all three national Canadian evening newscasts:
I spoke live with Nicole Lampa and BNN's Kim Parlee on CTV Kitchener's noon newscast, and was included in a report by Frank Lynn (video here). Nicole's package is here.

The next morning, I was up early to chat with CTV Canada AM's Marci Ien. The full interview is here.

In between all of that, I did a bunch of radio interviews - including one where I artfully dodged a street cleaner - with the CBC's Mike Hornbrook, John Moore on Newstalk 1010 in Toronto, Andrew Carter on CJAD in Montreal, Al Coombs on 1290 CJBK here in London (coolness factor: I did that one right in the studio...love when I can do that!), Gary Doyle of 570News in RIM's hometown of Kitchener-Waterloo, and London's own Journalism program at Western U/CHRW Radio.

At one point, I was cruising through the hinterlands of Ontario, sunroof open and music playing, thinking how lucky I was to get to do this. Somehow, I ended up doing some of the neatest work I could have ever imagined. Somehow, it felt as if I was exactly where I belonged. Neat.

I'm guessing there's more in store. Stay tuned.

No comments: