Saturday, July 14, 2012

The bike by the side of the road

At rest. For now.
East of London, ON
July 2010

















I've been meaning to get out on my bike more. Meaning and actually doing, however, are two very separate things. It's been hard to carve out the time for a good ride when I've been writing non-stop, jamming out prose in between one interview after another and trying to stay on top of a burgeoning workload.

It's a great challenge to have, of course, as everyone who flies solo always wants the phone to be ringing, always wants to be in demand, always wants to have a full plate. But while I stare at my idle bike, I realize I'm at greater risk of becoming the person I always said I wouldn't: sedentary, slow, unhealthy.

Scary stuff. Tomorrow, I ride. Who's coming with me?

For more transportation-themed Thematic, click here.

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'll be walking, which I love to do. I got some nice butterfly photos yesterday, and who knows what will be on the golf course today?
~