Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Home of the golden arches

Lupu Bridge
Shanghai, China
May 2012
Click here for more orange-themed goodness


















I make no attempt to hide my fascination with bridges. The obsessive 12-year-old I once was spent enough time talking about them that, to this day, I bump into friends from elementary school who ask me if I still talk about bridges.

Some things never leave you, I guess.

The convention center where the conference was being held happened to be build alongside the Huangpu River that meanders through Shanghai. We were also in the shadows of this bridge, the second-longest arch span on the planet. I know, such a thrill.

While we waited for our next breakout session to start, I was able to grab this late afternoon scene through one of the center's windows. It's not a frameworthy shot by any stretch of the imagination, but I share it here because of the irony that I had to go halfway around the world to connect with a chapter of my childhood. Here's to the bridges that connect us all.

Your turn: The first three words that come to mind as you see this photo are...?

--
More bridge-themed entries here, here and here.

3 comments:

MorahMommy said...

Life is good!

Love this picture. Beautiful! Xo

Kalei's Best Friend said...

"A better tomorrow"

Kranky Granny said...

"Where's the McDonalds."

Sorry, I didn't play fair. My three words were more inspired by your title then the photo. Which I happen to think is certainly a frame worthy shot. In fact it is a gorgeous capture.