Thursday, January 17, 2013

After the fall

Nature's random carpet
Komoka, ON
November 2012
For more Thematic multiples, head here.
There's a certain benefit to bringing one of the munchkins out to a Sunday morning program in a place that's just far enough from home that making the drive twice seems like a waste. In this case, I brought a whole bunch of reading material and planned to just sit in the car and read.

Alas, the autumn-painted forest was too much of a draw for me. So I headed out with my camera and decided to wander around and see what I could see.

A lot, apparently, as it was the kind of crisp, brilliantly lit morning that offered up a new scene around every turn. From the leaf-covered ground to the moldy stumps and bare branches, I probably could have stayed here all day. But soon enough, I heard the laughter of returning children and knew my little time-out was just about over.

Pity that.

Your turn: What do you do when you have extra time on your hands?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I walk. And I find things to take pictures of. And I think. Way To Much.

cactus petunia said...

How beautiful. And much like our weather in Portland this morning.