Monday, January 21, 2013

On sharing the journey

"It's not so much the journey that's important; as is the way that we treat those we encounter and those around us, along the way"
Jeremy Aldana

I'm rather enjoying the early morning rituals of the long drive to work, especially the quiet routine of getting everything together by the front door, then stepping out into the cold, quiet darkness. It's easy to feel highly aware of what's going on around me and how I feel as I'm going through the process.

Maybe I'm a morning person after all.

Either way, I thought I'd tweak my quote of the day tradition by starting to toss in the occasional early-morning-themed one. Just because. And this one seemed like such an appropriate means of kicking it off, because a journey isn't simply about getting somewhere. It's also about touching the lives of others we may run into between here and there. Let me know if you like it.

3 comments:

Happydog said...

I love all your quotes and often copy them into my own little file to use on FB or Tumblr...here's to quiet mornings!

Happydog said...

I always enjoy your quotes and often copy them in a file of my own and use them on FB and Tumblr...

Unknown said...

Nice, I really enjoyed this post because It reminded me of the short time that I had an early morning drive to work. It was hard to go to bed early enough, and get up, but once I did it was a little piece of sunshine before the sun was even up. In fact I often saw the barely beginnings of sunrise each morning. Loved it.