Wednesday, January 16, 2013

On Jodie Foster and the definition of normal

"Normal is not something to aspire to. It's something to get away from."Jodie Foster
Ms. Foster raised quite the ruckus at the Golden Globes the other night, and I'm rather glad she did. Not because I care about her or anyone else's personal life - I don't, because there's plenty of other stuff in my own back yard to worry about - but because it's refreshing to think that maybe, just maybe, humanity will ultimately evolve to the point that no one else cares, either.

You've got to admire those with the courage to stand up and say it in such a refreshing and honest manner.

4 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I remember when Jodie Foster came into the place of business I worked in... That was back when she was going to Notre Dame private school.. She was applying for a credit card.. Quiet, polite and unassuming... She was very different from the other 'celebs' that came thru.. She hasn't changed- a very different drummer indeed.. I hope her speech hit the core of everyone especially the celebs because they are usually the first to forget what is important because of the mere fact they are thrown in the limelight.. she has the grace that many don't or never will have.

Tabor said...

Some folks can carry a banner with energy and hope and others just need to march to their drummer.

21 Wits said...

We need more Jodie Fosters in the world!

Glennis said...

I love her. She was goofy and the speech was rambling, but in the end, I still love her.