Friday, January 18, 2013

More than mere toast and biscuits

What's for breakfast?
London, ON
January 2013
My wife already knows when my attention-deficit-addled mind gets hit with an idea. My eyes glaze over as I zero in on whatever it is, and I meander this way and that to take it in from a bunch of angles. More often than not, the next step is to fetch the camera. She's a lovely human being for reading me as thoroughly as she does. And for still putting up with this silliness, day in and day out.

I have a thing for breakfast. High-texture food like toast and biscuits, coupled with lovely early morning angled light through the kitchen window and the comforting vibe of being at the kitchen table with your best friend is a hard combination to resist. I eventually got around to eating this lovingly prepared breakfast. But it's the moment I got to share with her that sticks in my mind. Textured, perfectly lit, comforting.

Your turn: What did you have for breakfast this morning?

One more thing: This photo supports our Thematic "multiples" theme. Point your mouse here to share your own.

No comments: