Thursday, January 31, 2013

Under his sister's watchful gaze

Vision squared
London, ON
August 2010
 
Some pictures kinda sit in the archives for a while before you pull them out. There's no real reason for it. If I had to guess, I'd have to blame the twin conspirators of not enough time and a growing backlog of pics to process.

Must work on that.

Be that as it may, I remember this day, 2-and-a-half years ago, rather well. It was a sweltering August day, around noon, and I had taken the kids to watch a family friend play soccer. We hung out on the right side of the chalk lines, absorbing the excitement of the game and enjoying being a part of something so elemental.

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more: watching the game or watching these two banter on the grass. All these months later, they're a lot older and wiser than they were here, but the banter continues.

Your turn: Do you remember specific days from long ago? What makes days like this memorable to you?

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I do. And some of them aren't even that big a deal, they just stick with you.
~