Friday, January 25, 2013

Would you like a slice?

Celebrate the year
London, ON
October 2012
Cake is soft, so I'm totally using it for this week's Thematic theme (here...you're all invited.)

I'm also using it because I need a little bit of sweet. Not the sweetness associated with empty calories, saturated fats and the petroleum-based G-d-knows-what that goes into one of these things. But the sweetness that comes from being in the middle of a room filled with good people, all having a good time, because life is fundamentally good.

It is. And even if it takes an occasional dose of something that isn't exactly the last word in health food, I'm good with it. Sometimes you just have to indulge a little. Because life is too short no matter what you choose to eat, and who you spend it with.

Your turn: What are you celebrating these days?

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'm celebrating Carmi's cake offer.

;-)

darlin said...

A slice of life! Sure I'll indulge in this. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend Carmi!

Pamela said...

petrolem... ARRRGH