They melt in your mouth, not in your hand
London, ON, September 2007 [Click to embiggen]
It's been a fairly cruddy few days. Nothing earth-shattering, mind you. No one has died - not that I'm aware of, anyway - and I still have a roof over my head, an incredible wife, three great kids, a semi-psychotic dog and a constantly evolving ability to wield a pen and a camera. But sometimes the sine wave of life takes a bit of a curve southward and the best you can do is just hold on until it reverses course. Fun, isn't it?
As I look at my photography in recent weeks, I suspect I've been subconsciously reflecting this darkening mood in the photos I've uploaded. I've been shooting drug users, abandoned trailers, homeless people and decaying buildings. Well, for this week's Thematic Photographic theme, I'm going to try to jumpstart things with a somewhat happier theme: Colorful. (I hope you'll stop and take a moment to smile at the prospect. I'll wait.)
There, let's continue.
So whatever you share through the week, please make it colorful. You can take it literally, figuratively, or any way you see fit. I enjoy seeing how you all creatively interpret each theme, and I'm sure this week's choice will result in some great photo sharing.
If you're new to Thematic Photographic, here's a quick FAQ:
- Every Wednesday evening, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...colorful.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- You may post one per day, many per day, one each day of the entire week, whatever suits your fancy. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too. I want this thing to being photographic happiness to lots of people - and I need your help.