Monday, July 22, 2013

Storm's coming

Building
London, ON
July 2013
I'll apologize now: it's been a busy day in my little world of media - it even included a relatively spontaneous stint talking about sports on radio. It's quite the kick to get out of my techie comfort zone and try something well outside my wheelhouse. And those butterflies in my stomach when I started? Gone within seconds.

I'll upload a new Thematic later tonight - blurred vision will be the theme. For now, here's a last look at a storm that built literally over my head one day last week. It was a memorable experience to just stand there and watch it form. A little humbling, too.

For one last kick at the cloudspotting can, head here. Otherwise, see y'all later tonight with the new theme. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Cloudia said...

WoW!



ALOHA from Honolulu, Carmi
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >

Gilly said...

I have never seen clouds like that! Never! And did it bring a great storm?
The colouring is great, too.

Max Sartin said...

That's a fantastic picture, you can feel the energy in them thar clouds.

rashbre said...

Wow. That's a spectacular cloud system. Did you get wet?

carmilevy said...

Gilly/Rashbre: The storm grew right over my head, then headed south, away from me, as the lightning picked up. The town about 12 miles/20 km to our south got nailed, but we were absolutely dry. Cool how that works!

carmilevy said...

Cloudia: Indeed! You've taught me to keep looking up!

Max: I love how things like this make us feel so small and humbled. I always come away from watching a massive storm grow overhead thinking that I've had another memorable moment, courtesy of Ma Nature.