Sunday, February 17, 2008

Caption This 58


Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]

London, Ontario, February 2008 [Click to embiggen]

I took this picture of my laptop's keyboard for a work-related project, but decided I liked the perspective so much that I'd upload it as a Caption This photo, too.

First thing every morning, I stare at these keys for a few seconds and think about all the words I'll be cranking out through the day. A comfortable, well laid-out and fast keyboard is critical to me. I'm a bit OCD about these things, so I'm thrilled that this new laptop of mine lets my fingers fly.

About the only thing that comes close to this is one of the new Mac 'boards. Maybe there are more keyboard pics in my future. Yes? No? Do let me know where you want my lens to do the walking next.

Your turn: Please name or otherwise caption this decidedly abstract image. As always, have fun with it. You may submit as many captions as you wish. You may enlist the help of friends, family members and pets. You may be as wackily creative as you wish. I'll announce the winner of my everlasting gratitude around this time next Sunday.

But wait, let's talk about last week's image of my rented Ford Focus by the side of a rural road: Judy takes it this week with Roadsidia. Judy (aka Kenju) is a florist who puts any other florist I've known to shame. She taught me that florists use the word "roadsidia" to describe things that grow alongside the highway. That word is so appropriate here! Have you seen Judy's blog? Please go there now and congratulate her.

My honorable menschens (no, that's not a typo...if you know the Yiddish word, mensch, then this refers to the plural form.):
  • Craziequeen: "Notes from the Hard Shoulder."
  • Mike: "Should have bought the Chevy."
  • Tiel Aisha Ansari: "Cold-shouldered."
  • Omykiss: "Grounded."
  • Robin: "Out of Focus."
  • Steve: "A Ford able office space."

33 comments:

Lifelong Learner said...

Scrabble? Anyone?

Robin ~ PENSIEVE said...

When a picture (REALLY) paints a thousand words.

When your fingers do the talkin'....

Keys to my heart

Soon to be Written Inc.

QWERTY and then some

Keyed up


(Thanks for the menschens;). )

kenju said...

THANKS, Carmi! I'm honored!

This week's photo:

"Follow the black brick road....."

Anonymous said...

untapped energy

Mike said...

How about....

To write or not to write, that is the question.

Michele sent me today.

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

Key stones

What's that Dr. Jekyll doing in the middle row?

U4 - I5 - I win

The irrationality of language, confined in a relentless grid (Or: Grid Irony)

I always trip over that little bar on the J.

Warning: punctuation ahead

Under the numbers, the Blue
Under the letters, the Gray
(cf. The Blue and The Gray)

Key bored

That's the damnedest floor tile I've ever seen

(Thanks for the hon ments!)

spwriter said...

The keys to Carmi's blogging brilliance.

Depress for success.

Right hand manned.

Finger playground.

Jay Kay Elle Sem.

In the Laptop of Luxury.

Where words wait to be discovered.

Andi said...

I love Judy/Kenju's blog. I like looking at all the boxes. I enjoyed the box of crayons that she photographed recently...I am a crayon fan. Michele sent me.

Anonymous said...

Playing the keys like a sweet sonata.

(OK, I'll admit that I've been feeling guilty about not practicing my piano for ages.)

How have you been, Carmi? I've got some catching up to do around here. It's been WAY too long.

Come by and check out my pix from Thailand. I've FINALLY posted them. LOVE my new camera! Have a great weekend.

Andi said...

I like having a keyboard that I find easy, too. I have no idea how fast I type since I started blogging...it was fast before but I would assume MUCH faster now. This sometimes translates to SUPERFAST on a regular PC. Michele sent me. :-)

Thumper said...

The keys on my laptop go tap-tap-tap, tap-tap-tap, tap-tap-tap; the keys on my laptop for tap-tap-tap, all day long...

Michele sent me to sing for ya :)

lissa said...

Keys to his success.

Keys to writing well.

The keys to Carmi's blog.

(okay, hardly original but true, all of it!)

Gotta love a new laptop...when the keyboard isn't worn and the letters aren't rubbed off...enjoy the toy!

Corey Bienert said...

Hey Carmi.

I haven't heard from you in quite some time.

Thanks for stopping by again...I hope you've maybe noticed some improvement in my shots over time.

I'll be stopping your spot as well.

Thanks for the encouragement..i really appreciate it :)

Sara said...

coded keyboard

Sara said...

I5 . . . BINGO!!

lissa said...

**Addendum...the hazards of moderated blogging makes one look like she has lifted someone else's entry when in fact she had posted it before either had been approved.

lest anyone think I repeated what went before...

;-)

Jennifer said...

"keys talking here"... " watch it man... DON'T PUSH MY BUTTONS today!!"

Anonymous said...

Some more...:)

My Precious

Unwritten

Lap Dance

United we spell

Letter Boxed

Middle men

Connect the thoughts

Nestor Family said...

A take off of Robin's "Unwritten" could be "Unwritten Inc." (Oh... I guess Robin did say first "Soon to be Written Inc.")

But, honestly, the first thing that came to my mind was "How does Carmi keep his keyboard so much cleaner than mine?"

Good day to you!

Anonymous said...

These letters translate to my thoughts...

Its boring here! Tap me now and see what happens.

Vanessa said...

come on, push my buttons.

Vx

BreadBox said...

"Awaiting sticky fingers..."

Dallas Meow said...

Every day I start out and lay my head down on the keyboard to start the day with a prayer.
Then I look at it and without fail what comes to mind is. . .
-- bread and butter --
with all the jobs I've had over the years how'd it end up that my paycheck is dependent on that black rectangle with letters?

Sara said...

world jumble . . . how many words can you come up with?

milk
mop
plum
I.O.U.

Ontario Emperor said...

Time for my finger-stretching exercises. CTRL-ALT-DEL!

(P.S. I have the same keyboard on my work laptop.)

Unknown said...

The wonderful HP Compaq 6910p keyboard featuring HP DuraKeys :-)

carmilevy said...

Darren: You always know how to make me laugh!

Seriously, though, my 6910p's keyboard is light years ahead of anything I've ever used before. I've had clients tell me how impressed they are at how quiet the thing is. I just love the feel, the layout, and the fact that after using it for 8 months, it still looks as pristine as it did the day I cracked it out of its box.

Yeah, I'm OCD about things like this. Next, we'll talk about the screen!

Anna said...

OK, I'll bite...this is my second caption maybe?

"Don't push my buttons".....

:)

Anonymous said...

I thought those keys looked familiar. ;)

I love it too. I have the tendency to bang on keys when I'm typing fast, and this keyboard still looks good as new.

Anonymous said...

Lots of good ones already...but I'll give it a go: "Type-Cast".

Happy WW...albeit a tad late.

maryt/theteach said...

Carmi, I'm sorry I haven't been by lately...
Here's my contribution: "Words escape me." :D

Unknown said...

It was a shameless plug, I know, but I simply couldn't resist...

And you're not the only one getting quoted these days :-)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/tech/electronics/solid-state-drives.html

Anne said...

3662 at me!