Monday, February 04, 2008

You say tomato, I say...


Juicy fruit
Delray Beach, Florida, December 2007 [Click to embiggen]


Nothing out of the ordinary here. Just some tomatoes before they were cut up and eaten for breakfast. Yet as I look at these perfectly textured and colored examples of natural perfection, I'm reminded of warm sun and a quiet morning spent chatting with folks who matter. Ordinary? Perhaps. But definitely worth remembering.

Your turn: The perfect morning starts with a...?

One more thing: Did you submit your caption for this week's Caption This? If not, click here and get creative. Even if you have, click here anyway and try it again. Extra points if you refer a friend.

12 comments:

Anne said...

A perfect morning starts with another hour sleep.

kenju said...

My perfect morning starts with a steaming cup of black decaf (and an hour on the computer!)

Anonymous said...

A perfect morning starts with 750 words of not-for-work writing knocked out before the day has officially begun.

And I can almost smell the viney scent of those tomatoes.

Linda said...

good amount of peace and quiet....not that it actually happens here, as the boy has only one volume, and it's LOUD...and the on/off switch broke off years ago!

Anna said...

My perfect morning starts with...

NO SCHEDULE!

:)

Love the shot!

b13 said...

If I answer this I'll have a lot of hate mail from the female populace... ;)

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

My perfect morning starts with sunshine coming in through the kitchen window.

awareness said...

Sunrise over the Saint John River (this morning was AMAZING!!) and a strong cup of hot steaming tea.

Nestor Family said...

A perfect morning starts with a HUG!!!

Anonymous said...

My perfect morning would begin before I even open my eyes--hearing the ocean through an open window. Then, slowly, as my brain remembers where I am, I'd stumble into the kitchen, fill a mug with coffee, pick up the book I was reading from the night before, and wander onto the deck that overlooks the shore to greet the day with my husband.

Mmmmm, I WANT that perfect start!!

:)

Janet said...

waking up! Followed by a trip to you know where, and THEN a cup of coffee :-)

Hi, Carmi, Michele sent me to make you laugh!

Anonymous said...

a perfect morning starts with a wimpy coffee!!! (pre babies) or warm snuggle nuzzle from my babies