Sunday, March 15, 2009

Caption This 112


Please suggest a caption for this photo
[Click here for Caption This instructions]
London, ON, March 2009

About this photo: We're exploring the kitchen this week as part of our latest Thematic Photographic. Please click here if you've got some culinary-photographic inspiration going on.
Our kids have been spending more time helping out in the kitchen of late. While the messiness factor often shoots off the chart when they're emulating Wolfgang Puck, it's kinda neat to watch them try their hand at something that comes to their mom so naturally. The look on Noah's face and the pride in his voice made the potato dish taste even better than it usually did. The apples have apparently landed happily close to the proverbial tree. A good thing on so many levels.

Your turn: Please suggest a caption for this photo. You can be literal, witty, poignant, or any other emotion you wish. You may enter as many times as you want to because, frankly, we love to witness intense fits of creativity. Simply click the Comment link below to get started. I'll post the winner next Sunday. For more background on Caption This, head over here.

About last week's photo of an airplane at rest: I'll grab any excuse to snap a picture of anything remotely related to aviation. Thankfully, you're all just as into the flying thing. This week's honorable menschens are:
  • Terri: "Fly by the seat of your pants."
  • David: "Air head onboard."
  • Daryl: "Ground control to Major Tom..."
  • Moments in time: "Where did you leave your lunchbox?"
  • Mojo: "Good and Prop-er."
  • Anne: "Room with a view."
Linda's "Airline bailout" is as memorable as it is timely. Linda's not your average blogger. She has shepherded her military family across the planet, always managing to keep countless balls in the air no matter where they land. She's taught me that family and community can be just as deeply experienced no matter where you are, or for how long. Please drop by and share a happy with her.

26 comments:

Hope said...

my caption for this photo: Who says only GIRLS can add spice?

love your blog!!!

kenju said...

"Ill do it, Mom!"

Hilary said...

"Much more than variety, children are the spice of life"

"Back to the old grind"

"Having a grind old time"

"Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?"

David Edward said...

No it isn't spaghettios!

put a little ELBOW into it, Macaroni Man!

Sara said...

finishing touches

Sara said...

the pepper of life

Sara said...

stand back, let me show you how it's really done

Sara said...

the next jamie oliver

Sara said...

two more twists of this pepper & it will be juuuust right!

Anonymous said...

Hello Carmi!
Thanks for the mention!

"It's Shake'n Bake and I helped!"

"Look at what the Noah's got cookin!"

"Chef Boy O' Debbie!

Terri

Daryl said...

And then I add the .. umm .. stuff ..

me said...

Potato's aren't just for fries anymore!

hahamommy said...

"I'll do it!"

Mojo said...

Hmm... I'll have to think about this one 'cause at the moment I got nothin'.

Well except this:
Apparently I forgot to post the link to v.5.0, so I have a double shot today.
Thematic Photographic 40: "Kitchen" v.5.0 "Ain't It Cute?"
Thematic Photographic 40: "Kitchen" v.6.0 "Old School Kitchen"

Linda said...

Thanks for picking my quote, Carmi! I'm thinking on this one...

Julia Childs, eat your heart (and my potoates) out!

NJ said...

Chef BOYardee!

Pamela said...

Tater Tot

Pamela said...

The Potato Dumpling

Pamela said...

Boy Meets Grill

*I think thats a cook book title

Pamela said...

help with the daily grind


(ha ha.. I'm really cookin' now!)

Glennis said...

Oh yum!! This reminds me of the time when my son was taught by our neighbor to cook latkes, and she "hired" him to cook them for her annual Hannukah party every year!

MorahMommy said...

Chip off the old butcher block!

No I am not calling myself a butcher block...old yes, butcher block no.

I love their help....would it be faster on my own? Oh yes, but not nearly as fun.

momemts in time said...

Hi Carmi

With my apologies to the chef:

"If I use enough pepper they won't be able to taste the worms I put in"

"It says 500gm of extra fine diced peppers ~ does that mean 500 turns of the pepper mill?"

"I don't think my sister will notice the pepper in her apple pudding"

"Mum always puts this in"

torontopearl said...

Eema's Little Helper

Anonymous said...

* At work - and loving it!

* Quick! Before Mom comes!!

* And... VoilĂ ! Dinner is ready.

* Mom! I have told you so many times - this is how it is done!

* Noah's Spark

:)

Anonymous said...

Little Dan Quayle makes Potatoe.

Li'l G.W.Bush