Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
London, ON, March 2009 [Click to embiggen]
I've made no secret of my love for tea. There's a spirit surrounding the process of making it, then nursing the mug along for a while that appeals to me. When you're wrestling with the world outside and time seems to be spinning out of control, it's comforting to be able to set everything aside for a bit so you can sit at the table with a warm mug and just...be.
This photo kicks off our latest Thematic Photographic theme, transparent. Why transparent? Because we often see more when we see through something. We often see something different than we initially expected. We're often surprised. Pleasantly, even. And we all need a little more pleasant, right?
Your turn: Please point your lens at something see-through - literal, figurative, whatever floats your boat - and share the link in a comment below. Repeat as often as you wish, as we strongly encourage serial theming. To wit, I present my friend, Mojo (seriously, his work is unreal. But you knew that already, right?) Here's how TP works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...transparent.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.