Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thematic Photographic 41 - Drink


Mugged
London, ON, March 2009


We're burning through tea at a furious pace these days. Cyclical illness in the house means the kettle's almost always going, and a mug of something warm and comforting is never far away. This mug, in particular, is one of my favorites, because it's almost big enough to accommodate the backstroke, and it always invites conversation when we have folks over.

I hope this week's Thematic Photographic theme, drink, gives us a chance to explore the liquids that matter most. On the surface, it's a simple enough theme, but like so many others we've explored here, I know you'll find uniquely creative ways of sharing your vision.

Your turn: Time to get shooting. Please post a picture reflective of this theme to your blog, then paste the link in a comment below. For a peek at last week's TP, click here. For more info on how Thematic Photographic works, read on:
  • Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
  • Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...drink.
  • You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
  • You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
  • If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
  • You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
  • Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
  • And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Carmi

I hope everyone feels better soon. Tea always helps, of course. With lots of honey.

http://thepaganeye.blogspot.com/2009/03/thematic-photographic-drink.html

Mojo said...

Hope you've finally broken the cycle!. I drink a fair amount of tea at work (mainly because it doesn't suck when it gets cold) but there was never a question that I'd start this theme the way I start out every day.

Thematic Photographic 41: "Drink" v.1.0 "Elixir of Life"

Glennis said...

Hi Carmi. sorry you guys are under the weather.

Here's my shocking pink drink.

Cloudia said...

Backstroke size?!
Wow, Carmi
;-) Aloha

Anonymous said...

http://www.babylonezoo.fr/photo.php?no=202

Bonjour

Anonymous said...

Hope all that worked and you are now feeling better, heres my pic

bobbie said...

I love a great big cup of warmth. Hope yours did the trick for you.

My photo on the theme is up.
bobbie-almostthere.blogspot.com

lucy said...

Tea is what soothes the soul and the body...drink up! I extend my thoughts your way and hope you all are feeling better soon.

I posted a drink photo a couple of days ago.

Daryl said...

Here's mine ..

http://onthem104.blogspot.com/2009/03/thematic-series-41-drink.htm

srp said...

I think your tea looks like my coffee. I like the tea as well, just with lemon and no milk. Now the coffee... give me a little coffee with my cream/milk.

Mine is here.

Anonymous said...

i'm back playing! nice shot!

Heather said...

Yes! I was able to get this done before the week was almost over (*patting myself on the back*)

Mine is up here :)

Anonymous said...

my first time to join here!

Glennis said...

My second photo is up at

www.doves2day.blogspot.com

It's cool and refreshing!

Lulda Casadaga said...

I got my drink on this week...come and visit! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the theme. Here is my submission.
http://slapthatpony.blogspot.com/2009/03/thematic-photographic-peeking-bunny.html

rashbre said...

looks like a good cuppa.

momemts in time said...

Hi Carmi
Another multifaceted theme!

Here are my offerings

Justin and Sarah Rose said...

Thanks for the theme. Here's ours http://acoupleofroses.blogspot.com/2009/03/thematic-photographic.html

momemts in time said...

Hi Carmi - I thought about the theme further, and particularly what we take for granted... having clean drinking water... here is another take.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Hey :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what others have posted.

Mine's done for the week, but I may play with another before the week is out - http://notesoflife.co.uk/?p=233

Glennis said...

I've another "drink" posted.

www.doves2day.blogspot.com

Daryl said...

I have another Drink photo to add to the Theme

http://onthem104.blogspot.com/2009/03/monochromethematicodd-shot-monday_23.html

PastormacsAnn said...

Hoping that the tea can work it's medicinal magic and you all feel better and stay that way.

Here's is my drink of choice.

hahamommy said...

I'm playing along at
hahamommy.blogspot.com
The Journey of Nani Moon
(on my profile)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Squeaking in before the door closes:

http://kcinnova.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/wwc-77-black-and-natural-world-and-a-little-bit-of-drink-thematic-photographic-41/

Pam said...

took me awhile to rejoin but i have gotten a 'drink' up hehe

http://ciarasramblingsandwhatnot.com/2009/03/thematic-photographic-12-theme-42-drink.html

janie said...

Now you just cant beat a nice cuppa cha:)
http://janies-rainy-day.blogspot.com/2009/03/thematic-photographic-drink.html