Sunday, March 22, 2009

Caption This 113


Please caption this image
[Click here for Caption This instructions]
Shanghai, China, May 2007 [Click to enlarge]


As we continue to explore drink-themed photos (head over here to see where this Thematic Photographic madness began), I've come to realize just how obsessed I am with anything that can potentially hold liquid. I have no explanation for this, but I wanted to share it with you just the same because...well, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the variation, or the challenge of pulling an optically neat image out of something that others find everyday and routine. Whatever it is, it brings me peace, and I hope it brings you some, too.

Your turn: Time to get captioning. Can you suggest a snappy title for this photo? If so, please click the comment link below and have at it. You may enter as often as you wish. I'll announce the winner next Sunday. And feel free to keep checking back through the week as we continue to share visions of drinks and drinking. For more background on how CT works, click here.

About last week's picture of our son cooking: So many of you shared your thoughts on our little kitchen helper. He's such a delight to have around, and it's a privilege to share a moment like this. I'm so pleased with everyone's suggestions. This week's honorable menschens are:
  • Hope Dangling: "Who says only GIRLS can add spice?"
  • Hilary: "Back to the old grind"
  • NJ: "Chef BOYardee!"
  • Pamela: "Tater tot."
  • Moments in time: "Mum always puts this in."
Jean's "Noah's Spark" reminds me why we named him Noah in the first place. He's a driver, someone who insists on doing things on his own, a kid who always wants to be at the helm. When he ambles up to my wife, booster stool in hand, and asks to help, it's because he wants to lead, not follow. Jean's a Bangalorean native who writes eloquently about life, motherhood, and her very unique take on the world. You owe it to yourself to pop in and read her fascinating blog.

16 comments:

David Edward said...

sorry, it looked like bait for a former president, if ya know what I mean

David Edward said...

Bronzed brazilian behind, or... Two oranges kissing?

kenju said...

This is a double-entendre photo!

It looks like either a woman's butt in a thong or a woman's legs sticking out from a bikini bottom in the front. I seem to recall a similar cocktail glass photo from you about 2-3 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, Carmi - I was so pleasantly surprised that I can't think of any new caption for today's pic! I guess I will come back later and contribute :)

Robin said...

Shaken, not stirred.

Yes, a bit suggestive, but definitely a great photo.

Jinksy said...

Stem Ginger?

Anonymous said...

Glass and liquid are wonderful subjects. This is a fine composition with a wonderful tone.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

A beautiful photo. I looks a bit like a funnel of liquid! :)

Daryl said...

Gadzooks! It works! Liquid Gold!

Pearl said...

teeny weenie bikini martini

Anonymous said...

* The Smiley drink
(It does look like a smile!)
or
* The Happy Drink

momemts in time said...

Interesting... leaving aside the bikini variations:

From Lalique's new collection

Design for 1970s wallpaper

.. a red wine for me and one of those whatever it is in there with a slice of orange for my wife

PastormacsAnn said...

How funny - I only saw a martini glass!

Caption: Wet but very very dry.

Anonymous said...

Moment of claret-y.
(Yes, I know, it's not claret, but I liked the pun.)

(And yes, I am still alive. Sorry I've been so scarce lately.)

Pamela said...

I saw what David saw, too.
Great minds, or gutter draws, who knows.. ha ha ha.

It reminds me of a lava lamp, too.
So... I'm going to say

Cauldron Cleavage

Anonymous said...

To paraphrase Freud "Sometimes a martini glass is just a martini glass."
Hermann Rorschach