Toronto, ON, March 2009 [Click to embiggen]
About this photo: We're kicking off Thematic Photographic's "drab" week. Scroll down for more details on how this TP craziness works.I deliberately took the early train because I wanted to have a little quiet time to walk around and get my head ready for the day that would be. I had come here to deliver a presentation, and the last thing I wanted was to be pressed for time. It turned out to be a good move, as it ended up being the least stressful intercity trip I had taken in ages.
As I rather softly strolled through parts of Toronto's downtown, I thought of the countless people who take similar trips every day. I hope each of them has the opportunity to slow things down and look back at the journey just completed.
Your turn: For the next week, Thematic Photographic will be exploring the world of drab. If it's dimly lit, sad-looking, morose-feeling or poignantly-toned, I hope you'll post it to your blog and then paste the link here. For more background how TP works, read on (McDuff):
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...drab!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.