Monday, December 20, 2010

A new vision


The devil's in the details
Laval, QC, August 2010

This is another one of my favorite photos from the past year (please click here to share yours.) It makes the cut for a number of reasons. First, I've always had a thing for car headlamps. And since the style these days is to dress 'em up with even more complex designs - seriously, it's like jewelry for cars - I've got lots of new subject matter to work with. Second, I like the meta story behind this particular shot.

We were visiting my in-laws and mom in Montreal, our first big road trip in Debbie's new car, Chloe. I found myself hovering around the car more often than I usually do, looking for interesting angles and reflections. This one made me wonder if one of the designers wasn't a frustrated sculptor in a previous life.

Your turn: Click the photo to enlarge it. What's going on here? Use your imagination :)

7 comments:

helen said...

Very sharp and clean!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

LOL, I took a similar photo.. and yes, u are upside down in the reflection!.

Pat Tillett said...

Cars as art! It used to be much more so, but there is still some amzing ones being made...

Anonymous said...

I always had what I call Junk cars. My ex husband pulled up in a brand new Altima (the big, Lexus wanna be model). The headlights is the first thing I kissed.

They were sculpted and perfect.. Yes, I agree with Pat.Cars are art.

Great photo, Carmi..

Rebecca said...

nice picture and my husband adore the fact it was a picture of a new car got him started on the kind of car he wanted when he retires.

21 Wits said...

Not sure except it looks like a beautiful day, and shorts weather, but for me, it's all about the reflections...even if I don't know the entire story...it's just very cool!

judi/Gmj said...

art! beautiful.