Sunday, December 19, 2010

Patchy clouds


Kate Bush's Big Sky
London, ON, July 2010
About this photo: This is one of my favorite pictures from this past year. Please click here to share your own and see what everyone else is up to.
Some pictures are really simple. I noticed the sky as I arrived at home and parked the car. I didn't think there was any particular story to tell from the scene unfolding above, but I did know that it looked really unique, and if I dallied for too long it would soon be gone.

So I got out of the car and shot it quickly as my onrushing kids looked on. As we headed into the house, we talked about why I sometimes like to remember ordinary things, and that I don't always need a real important reason to do so. Almost as soon as we were inside, I looked back and noticed the clouds had already begun to shift. I closed my eyes and quietly hoped they had tucked this moment away among all the other moment we've accumulated since they were born.

Your turn: Why do we need to remember the everyday?

5 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Because its what brings the sanity back. It helps us appreciate what we do have and not what we don't...

Rebecca said...

i love the picture too cool

Tabor said...

Because every day IS unique, and if we lump them all together our life becomes a blur.

Alexia said...

Because there is beauty in such unlikely and interesting things, and beauty is transient.

A gorgeous shot, Carmi

21 Wits said...

Because before we know it they will all be gone.....we have to store up and live as many moments as possible...every day and everything in our day makes us who we are...simply in our own way!