Saturday, December 25, 2010

Here at the Palasad


Well waxed
London, ON, July 2010
About this photo: We're sharing our favorite photos of the year, thanks to an extended Thematic Photographic theme. You can, too, by simply clicking here.
First off, if you're celebrating Christmas, I hope the day has dawned merry and happy for you and your family. I hope the spirit of this holiday lasts well into 2011, and that you always look back at this day with a smile.

Second, I've posted this particular picture because the colors sorta reflect the day, and I've loved the warmth of this scene since I first shot it last summer.

It was our youngest son's birthday party, and he had decided to hold it at the Palasad. Our kids love this place, a restaurant/bar/bowling alley/pool hall/party place. Remarkably, it serves its multiple audiences without any overlap. Happy hour takes place right alongside a bunch of 10-year-olds shnarfing birthday cake in between frames. If you ever watched 'Ed', the comfy vibe of this place might seem vaguely familiar.

As the kids did their thing, I wandered around the periphery and looked for opportunities in the dimly lit corners. I didn't have to try too hard to find inspiration. I could probably spend days here finding similar moments (wait, maybe I have.)

Your turn: If the folks who've walked this floor for so many years could talk, what would they be saying?

5 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

"Please don't let this be a gutta ball!"

Anne said...

Jusst wanted to wish you and your family Happy Holidays :)

Serendipity said...

I can take whatever you throw at me and still shine through...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

"I'll have another round, barkeeper!"

Happy Merry, Carmi.

P.S. I hope to send you some pictures of the year, but right now I'm busy taking new ones.

;)

Back when I just had a film camera, I used to take rolls that I never developed. It was taking the pictures that I enjoyed. With the digital age, the pain and expense of developing is gone...so it's much better for me.
~

21 Wits said...

They would say...may all the powerful and beautiful everlasting glow of all these bright colors live within me forever more! I see the light and it's better than a rainbow!