Saturday, December 25, 2010

Here at the Palasad

Well waxed
London, ON, July 2010
About this photo: We're sharing our favorite photos of the year, thanks to an extended Thematic Photographic theme. You can, too, by simply clicking here.
First off, if you're celebrating Christmas, I hope the day has dawned merry and happy for you and your family. I hope the spirit of this holiday lasts well into 2011, and that you always look back at this day with a smile.

Second, I've posted this particular picture because the colors sorta reflect the day, and I've loved the warmth of this scene since I first shot it last summer.

It was our youngest son's birthday party, and he had decided to hold it at the Palasad. Our kids love this place, a restaurant/bar/bowling alley/pool hall/party place. Remarkably, it serves its multiple audiences without any overlap. Happy hour takes place right alongside a bunch of 10-year-olds shnarfing birthday cake in between frames. If you ever watched 'Ed', the comfy vibe of this place might seem vaguely familiar.

As the kids did their thing, I wandered around the periphery and looked for opportunities in the dimly lit corners. I didn't have to try too hard to find inspiration. I could probably spend days here finding similar moments (wait, maybe I have.)

Your turn: If the folks who've walked this floor for so many years could talk, what would they be saying?


Kalei's Best Friend said...

"Please don't let this be a gutta ball!"

Anne said...

Jusst wanted to wish you and your family Happy Holidays :)

Serendipity said...

I can take whatever you throw at me and still shine through...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

"I'll have another round, barkeeper!"

Happy Merry, Carmi.

P.S. I hope to send you some pictures of the year, but right now I'm busy taking new ones.


Back when I just had a film camera, I used to take rolls that I never developed. It was taking the pictures that I enjoyed. With the digital age, the pain and expense of developing is it's much better for me.

Karen S. said...

They would say...may all the powerful and beautiful everlasting glow of all these bright colors live within me forever more! I see the light and it's better than a rainbow!