Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On Andy's culinary curmudgeonliness

"I don't like food that's too carefully arranged; it makes me think that the chef is spending too much time arranging and not enough time cooking. If I wanted a picture I'd buy a painting.”
Andy Rooney
It's been just over a month since the world lost one of its favorite realist-curmudgeons. I always enjoyed his essays, as his voice seemed to inspire my own minutae-focused world view. Since it isn't very likely we'll see another like him anytime soon, if at all, I've been trolling through some old Rooneyisms to remind myself why his curious mixture of observational journalism was, and is, such a treasure for us all.

This one makes me hungry.

(Oh, and get off of my lawn. Please.)

Your turn: Who inspires you? Why?

1 comment:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I always looked forward to the last 5 min. of 60 minutes... Andy told it like it was.. He didn't care how he said it, he just simply did.. Whether it offended or if his grammar was off, he would just say it the way he felt.. He said things that we all wished we had the chutzpah he had...