Monday, December 12, 2011

Thematic Photographic 175 - The One


A dog's territory
London, ON, August 2011

I'm a pretty simple guy, so I tend to feel most comfortable when I boil really complex things down to their most basic elements. To that end, photography is a lot like life: Focus on the one thing that interests you most, and forget about everything else. You can always tell those stories in another picture. Besides, I get annoyed with our modern era's near-obsession with cramming as much as possible into every available space. Too much, too fast, and anyone who thinks we've become a multitasking society is seriously deluded.

So this week, I'd like to slow things down a bit with our new Thematic theme, "the one". It's as simple as it sounds: Share pictures that focus on one thing only, or otherwise suggest a single, simple something. And from where I sit, life doesn't get any simpler than a happy dog sitting on his lawn. For him and for me, this moment was as singularly pure as it gets.

Your turn: Find a picture that just screams "one" to you, then post it to your blog and leave a comment here letting everyone know where to find it. Previously posted content is also totally workable. Visit other participants to share the joy, and repeat as often as you wish all week long. If you're new to Thematic, our weekly photo sharing and learning activity, please click here.

13 comments:

fredamans said...

Lovely Scottish Terrier!

http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/12/thematic-photographic-one.html

Anonymous said...

There’s elegance in the simplicity of embracing just one thing. One concept. One space. One single, solitary idea- just for that moment.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Mine is a bit strange. Can u explain it?
http://afreshstartwithkalei.blogspot.com/2011/12/tp-175-one.html

A Paperback Writer Photos said...

I actually have a decent photo this week! yea!

http://apaperbackwriterphotos.blogspot.com/2011/12/photo-non-contest-175-one.html

Bob Scotney said...

Yes!! I've been waiting to see a photo of him.

Bob Scotney said...

One thing leads to another.
http://bit.ly/w0kcvp

Jim said...

One thing, it's from a post that reminds me of the one most important thing.

dean said...

I think I have a slightly different take, but I'm in a slightly different frame of mind.

21 Wits said...

Carmi, nice shot of your adorable doggie. I went to sleep last night with still no idea of what to post...Writer's is cool, and so is KBF's (I don't believe you can't figure it out though) ha ha,so with great interest I did pull this theme out!

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2011/12/thematic-photographic-175-one.html

Alexia said...

Having looked at everyone else's posts for inspiration, rocks seemed like a good idea :)
This shot was just hanging around...

That dog is so cool - he looks great, Carmi.

Kate said...

I'm enjoying looking at all the photos! Here's mine: http://tellingdeeds.blogspot.com/2011/12/one-aka-hobbes.html

Max Sartin said...

I've got my "ONE" pictures here.

Gilly said...

Finally made it! Here are mine